Frequently Asked Questions
What's My Order Status / Has My Order Shipped?
You will receive an order confirmation after placing your online order.
If it has been more than a few days since entering your order and you have not yet received your shipping confirmation, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com.
What is Your Free Domestic Shipping Policy?
We offer free domestic shipping on orders $75+. This excludes Hawaii and Alaska, which is a calculated rate.
Discounts and Promotions
Any discount codes used at checkout are valid for full priced items and cannot be combined with any other offer. Discounts cannot be used on items in the Garage collection or items are already on sale.
How Do I Return an Item?
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it within 30 days. Please allow 7 days of transit time. All items must be returned in its original, unused condition with tags still attached.
Returns are not allowed on the following products and all sales are considered final:
- Any item from the Garage.
- Any item that is on Sale or discounted. Discounted items include a compare at price or display a percentage off label.
TO RETURN A PURCHASE, PLEASE FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Please visit our Returns Page for instructions.
2. Pack product with suitable packaging materials. Ensure that the return includes the merchandise in its original, unused condition with original tags.
3. Use a properly sized box to reduce the chances of the items being damaged/creased.
I'm Trying to Place an Order Outside of the United States. How Do I Do It?
All Xcel online orders must be shipped to a physical address in the USA. We do not offer international shipping and are unable to accept international credit cards at this time.
What are Xcel's Product Warranties? Can I Send My Product in to be Repaired?
Warranty claims are for product being sent to Xcel for repair. For returns of Xcel online purchases, please visit Ordering & Returns.
At Xcel we pride ourselves on the highest quality construction and fit. The following warranties apply per product category, under normal recreational use and proper care, on materials and workmanship from the original purchase date:
Wetsuits: 1 YEAR from original purchase date.
UV, Accessories, Apparel: 3 MONTHS from original purchase date.
Xcel is the only party authorized to determine warranty eligibility. Submitting a warranty claim does not guarantee repair or replacement. Product sent to us for warranty will be evaluated repair (or replacement) at Xcel's sole discretion.
The following circumstances will not be covered under warranty:
- Repairs, or alterations, to any area of the product done or attempted by anyone other than an authorized Xcel repair facility.
- Products classified as seconds, samples, or used.
- All Items purchased on our Garage Site
- Damage from sunlight, chlorine, improper recreational use or care, or any damage beyond the product's natural life expectancy. (A wetsuit's natural life expectancy is 3 years.)
- Warranty claim requests without valid proof of purchase.
- UV, Accessories, and/or Apparel products over 3 months from date of purchase.
To begin your warranty claim, please visit our warranty page and complete the warranty. <Click Here>
For warranty claims outside of the United States please <Click Here>
How Do I Care for my Xcel Product?
You can help maximize the natural product life of your wetsuit by:
- Rinsing your product after each use with fresh, cool water (hot water reduces neoprene flexibility).
- Hanging your product to dry inside-out on a plastic or wooden hanger in the shade (sunlight damages neoprene).
- Occasionally rinsing your product in non-bleach, mild laundry detergent sudsy water.
- Avoiding heating or folding your product (that includes leaving it in a crumpled heap in the back of your car).
- Wetsuits should never be ironed or put in a clothes washer or dryer.
My Store is Interested in Becoming an Authorized Xcel Dealer. How Do We Do It?
Xcel highly values the business we do with our authorized dealers, and will consider new dealer opportunities with stores/shops and online sellers. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your shop and contact information, if you are interested in becoming a dealer of Xcel merchandise.
Is Your Site Secure?
Our secure servers protect your information using advanced encryption and firewall technology throughout the ordering process. Most browsers will show a lock icon in the bottom status bar on secure pages. Look for this icon on any Web page that asks for your personal information. To further ensure your security, we use state of the art SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to protect your personal information from unauthorized use.
Does Xcel Make Custom Wetsuits?
No, while we'd love to offer this option we currently do not make custom wetsuits.
What do the Numbers at the End of an Item Mean? (SP21, FA1)
In the product name, you may see two letters and two numbers. The first two letters are either SP, for Spring, or FA, for Fall. That's the season the product was created in and the last two numbers are the last two numbers of the year of that season. SP21 would equate to Spring 2021 and FA21 would equate to Fall 2021.
Do you Offer Any Other Color Options?
Each season, we do try to introduce new colors in wetsuits, apparel, and accessories. Check the website often and watch for new color options offered by Xcel.
How Do You Select the Size for a Wetsuit?
We have more information on sizing on the Xcel Wetsuit Size Chart which can help you determine the right size based on your measurements.
How Do You Size Your Boots?
Please size down from your normal shoe size for a proper fit.
This is not required for the Men's Comp X Split Toe Boot 3mm, it will fit your normal shoe size.
Do You Sell Just One Glove or One Boot?
No, we do not sell a single glove or boot. Sorry to hear you lost one! Shop our latest accessories here.
WARNING: CA Proposition 65
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including chloroprene, which is known in the State of California to cause cancer. For more information to to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.